Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man seriously injured in car crash
SALEM - A 19-year-old local man was airlifted to a Boston hospital early Monday morning for treatment of life-threatening injuries he suffered after crashing his car into a tree on Millville Street.
The crash happened just before 12:30 p.m. at 137 Millville St. Police said a car operated by Zachary Hicks struck the tree, trapping him inside.
Firefighters had to use extrication tools to free Hicks from the wreckage. He was then transported by Medflight to a Boston hospital for treatment of multiple life-threatening injuries, according to a police press release.
Salem Police TAR Team responded to the crash, and the road was closed for several hours while the scene was cleared and investigated.
The incident remains under investigation, but police do not believe alcohol was a factor in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty