Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man seriously injured in car crash
SALEM - A 19-year-old local man was airlifted to a Boston hospital early Monday morning for treatment of life-threatening injuries he suffered after crashing his car into a tree on Millville Street.
The crash happened just before 12:30 p.m. at 137 Millville St. Police said a car operated by Zachary Hicks struck the tree, trapping him inside.
Firefighters had to use extrication tools to free Hicks from the wreckage. He was then transported by Medflight to a Boston hospital for treatment of multiple life-threatening injuries, according to a police press release.
Salem Police TAR Team responded to the crash, and the road was closed for several hours while the scene was cleared and investigated.
The incident remains under investigation, but police do not believe alcohol was a factor in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate removes student IDs as indisputable ID for voting - 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 2
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 5
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
License revocations for DWI announced