Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man seriously injured in car crash
SALEM - A 19-year-old local man was airlifted to a Boston hospital early Monday morning for treatment of life-threatening injuries he suffered after crashing his car into a tree on Millville Street.
The crash happened just before 12:30 p.m. at 137 Millville St. Police said a car operated by Zachary Hicks struck the tree, trapping him inside.
Firefighters had to use extrication tools to free Hicks from the wreckage. He was then transported by Medflight to a Boston hospital for treatment of multiple life-threatening injuries, according to a police press release.
Salem Police TAR Team responded to the crash, and the road was closed for several hours while the scene was cleared and investigated.
The incident remains under investigation, but police do not believe alcohol was a factor in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents