Starbucks, Chipotle Mexican Grill coming to Bedford Mall
BEDFORD - As the Bedford Mall continues to grow, town officials have confirmed that its latest additions will be a Starbucks and Chipotle Mexican Grill.
With an expected opening in the fall, it will be the first Chipotle in town and the first stand-alone Starbucks. The Target on South River Road currently houses a Starbucks.
Planning director Rick Sawyer said there has been a demand for a Starbucks in town and said the location under construction will have a drive-through.
With a lack of traditional fast-food options in town, Sawyer said the Chipotle will at least provide a quick dining option for residents.
“I think there's been a general request for fast food in town and there does seem to be an ongoing demand for Starbucks,” Sawyer said.
Sawyer said a Joseph A. Bank Clothiers store has also been confirmed to be opening in the same building that houses Staples.
He said there will still be one location between Staples and the men's clothing store that will remain available.
With the opening of Fresh Market in June and Pet Supplies Plus and Kohls in March, Sawyer said the town is excited about the development in the Bedford Mall location.
“We were very happy the mall owners were willing to make those investments over the past two years during a down economy,” Sawyer said. “They took a risk, put that money in, and it has been great.”
Acting town manager Crystal Dionne said she has been pleased to see how the former walk-in style mall has transitioned into its current state.
“The redevelopment of the Bedford Mall area has certainly taken off, and we are very pleased,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
- Parents can plan ahead, model healthful habits... and not stress out - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs