The Who bringing rock opera 'Quadrophenia' to Manchester
MANCHESTER - The Who is coming to Manchester, performing the band's epic “Quadrophenia” album live at Verizon Wireless Arena in February.
Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend held an online news conference Wednesday to discuss the upcoming tour, which includes two legs starting in November. The Manchester performance is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 24.
Presale tickets for members of the band's fan club go on sale Friday. Tickets for the general public go on sale July 27 at 10 a.m.
Daltrey and Townshend said they had been trying for a while to find something they could play together and agreed on performing the 1973 double album in its entirety. The 17 tracks include the classics “The Real Me” and “Love, Reign O'er Me.”
Daltrey said fans can expect to hear some of the band's many other classics, but playing them all would require a “five-hour show.”
Arts & Entertainment
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?