May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Salem bank robbery suspect arrested in Mass.
SALEM - A man suspected of robbing Citizens Bank at Shaw's earlier this month is under arrest in the Bay State, accused of trying to rob another Citizens Bank in North Andover, Mass.
Joseph Costello, 26, of 52 Lawrence Drive, Lowell, is charged with the attempted robbery of the North Andover bank on July 14. He also is suspected of two other similar Citizens Bank robberies, one on July 12 at Stop & Shop in Chelmsford, Mass. and the other in Reading at another Stop & Shop.
Salem police said they were notified Saturday of the North Andover robbery because the robber matched the description of the man who robbed Citizens Bank in Shaw's on July 2.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn J. Patten said Costello not only matched the description of the bank robber, but the note he handed a clerk contained similar language: that he had a bomb and a hostage and demanded money.
On Sunday, Salem detectives received an anonymous tip identifying the robber as Costello and giving his whereabouts.
Salem investigators, working with Mass. State Police and law enforcement from North Andover and Wilmington, Mass., confirmed Costello as the suspect and then located and arrested him.
Patten said he does not know when Costello will be brought back to New Hampshire to face the robbery charge.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 0
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424