June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Missing Mass. woman found neglected in Ossipee; son, daughter-in-law arrested
WEST OSSIPEE - An 80-year-old woman, missing from Massachusetts, was found Monday seriously abused and neglected at a West Ossipee residence of her son and daughter-in-law, Ossipee police said.
The woman, identified by police as Joan Brown, was immediately taken to a local hospital after officers observed serious signs of abuse and neglect, according to a press release.
Officers arrested her son and daughter-in-law, identified as Darin Brown, 43, and Sharon Giordano, 38, of 54 Fox Run Road.
Police, acting on information Joan Brown was being unlawfully held by her son and his wife and that she could be found at the Fox Run Road residence, went there late Monday morning after obtaining a search warrant.
Joan Brown, police said, had been reported as in danger and missing from Massachusetts.
Both Brown and Giordano are charged with criminal restraint, criminal neglect of the elderly, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest.
What's next:They are to be arraigned Tuesday at 2 p.m. at 3rd Circuit Court, Ossipee District.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 24
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424