City store customer hits $1 million Powerball
MANCHESTER — A customer who purchased a Powerball ticket at a city market hit five of the numbers — but not the Powerball — a piece of luck that means $1 million.
Had the customer of N&K Market hit the Powerball, he would have won an estimated $90 million jackpot.
Nadeem Ahmed, co-owner of N&K Market, said Monday he has no idea who purchased the ticket. Lottery officials did not announce a winner Monday.
“I hope it's somebody local, and one of my regulars,” Ahmed said. N&K is located on the corner of Pearl and Hall streets.
Ahmed has run the store for 11 years. He remembers big scratch-ticket prizes of $10,000 and $70,000.
The market will receive a $10,000 incentive check for selling Saturday's ticket.
Ahmed expressed surprise when told of the winning ticket by a reporter. Usually such alerts come over the Lottery terminal, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 45
- Ignorance abounds: Obamacare and small businesses - 25
- Mayor development: Growth and a Manchester city office - 1
- Page One Editorial: Control of NH’s future: Today’s House vote will be one for the ages - 17
- Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands - 9
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 27
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641