Home » News » Public Safety
Barrington man dies after crash off I-93 in Portsmouth
PORTSMOUTH — A Barrington man died after his car drove off a highway entrance ramp and struck a tree Tuesday morning, New Hampshire State Police said.
Police said George M. Stelmach, 40, exited his 2005 Dodge Dakota before the vehicle burst into flames. He was taken by ambulance to Portsmouth Regional Hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries, police said.
Police said alcohol appears to be involved in the accident, which took place shortly before noon on Tuesday at the northbound Exit 3 entrance ramp to Interstate 95.
Anyone with information about the accident is urged to contact Trooper Anthony J. Cattabriga at 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 89
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time