Home » News » Public Safety
Barrington man dies after crash off I-93 in Portsmouth
PORTSMOUTH — A Barrington man died after his car drove off a highway entrance ramp and struck a tree Tuesday morning, New Hampshire State Police said.
Police said George M. Stelmach, 40, exited his 2005 Dodge Dakota before the vehicle burst into flames. He was taken by ambulance to Portsmouth Regional Hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries, police said.
Police said alcohol appears to be involved in the accident, which took place shortly before noon on Tuesday at the northbound Exit 3 entrance ramp to Interstate 95.
Anyone with information about the accident is urged to contact Trooper Anthony J. Cattabriga at 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time