June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Milford man charged in Subway robbery
MILFORD -- Police have made an arrest in the armed robbery of the Subway on Elm Street last month.
Matthew C. DiBona, 20, of 37 Cypress Road in Milford, was arrested Wednesday after a lengthy investigation into the daytime robbery of the sandwich shop on June 13.
DiBona has been charged with one Class A felony count of robbery and was arraigned at the Ninth Circuit Court in Milford on Wednesday. He’s being held at the Valley Street Jail on $10,000 cash bail, according to Capt. Chris Nervik.
The robbery occurred around 3 p.m. on June 13, when a man walked into the shop brandishing a knife and demanding money from the clerk behind the counter. The man then left the Subway with an undisclosed amount of cash and headed east along the railroad tracks behind the restaurant.
Though local and state police, including Milford’s K-9 unit, searched the area, they were unable to find the suspect. An investigation launched by detectives resulted in DiBona’s arrest.
Nervik said the department has had contact with DiBona in the past and arrested him recently in connection with another robbery.
DiBona is scheduled to appear for a probable cause hearing in the Milford court on July 23 at 9 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 2
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 17
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424