Missing Loudon calf found dead
A search for a two-day-old gray bull calf came to a sad end Wednesday night when the animal was found dead near the Loudon farm that was his home.
Carole Soule, the owner of Miles Smith Farm said the calf's remains were found and it looked like a pack of coyotes had caught him.
"I'm sorry to say we found his remains very close to the pasture in the woods just on the outside of the fence," Soule said in a statement. "The coyote pack in the area found the calf before we did. It was obvious that his end was quick and without struggle.
"Thanks to Kim Bean, Anne Paquin and Loraine for their expert tracking skills and to Dean Jeas and his blood hounds for helping. In the end it was just tracking and your prayers that helped solve this mystery. Thank you all for your prayers and we all can know that the little calf is frolicking in a better place. Rest in peace little guy."
An earlier story follows.
LOUDON -- A gray bull calf was only two days old when he ran off from Miles Smith Farm at 56 Whitehouse Road in Loudon. He has no name and he was last seen at Miles Smith Farm at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning running towards the Loudon Country Club Golf Course.
A search party for the missing calf has been organized for tonight, Wednesday, July 11. A Miles Smith Farm friend from Canterbury, with four blood hounds, will be bringing them to help with the search, which will start at 5 p.m. tonight from the Farm and is scheduled to end at 8 p.m. Assistance in the search for all or any portion of this time would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone interested in participating in the search is asked to wear sturdy shoes and long pants and to bring a noise maker.
Miles Smith Farm is located at 56 Whitehouse Road, Loudon.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 16
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should NH outlaw puppy mills?
- Total Votes: 37