Home » News » Public Safety
Injured hiker carried off Mount Cube
ORFORD — A Hanover woman was carried off Mount Cube Thursday after injuring her back during a hike, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game Sgt. Brian Suttmeier.
Suttmeier said Christina Brownell, 47, was hiking part of the Appalachian Trail about 1 p.m. Thursday with her family when she slipped about a half-mile from the summit of Mount Cube, injuring her back.
She was carried two miles to a waiting ambulance by Fish and Game officers, as well as rescuers from Upper Valley Search and Rescue and the Orford police and fire departments, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Londonderry emergency shelter will now be open to pets - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time