Home » News » Public Safety
Injured hiker carried off Mount Cube
ORFORD — A Hanover woman was carried off Mount Cube Thursday after injuring her back during a hike, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game Sgt. Brian Suttmeier.
Suttmeier said Christina Brownell, 47, was hiking part of the Appalachian Trail about 1 p.m. Thursday with her family when she slipped about a half-mile from the summit of Mount Cube, injuring her back.
She was carried two miles to a waiting ambulance by Fish and Game officers, as well as rescuers from Upper Valley Search and Rescue and the Orford police and fire departments, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 74
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time