May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police look for man after fire is set inside apartment
SALEM — Police say they are investigating an arson at the home of a man who is wanted for domestic assault.
Salem firefighters doused an apartment fire on Monday at 6 Meisner Circle, Apt. 36. The apartment was vacant when firefighters and police arrived at 7:19 p.m.
Police said fire was set intentionally by someone who lit a stack of phonebooks on fire in the living room.
Salem Fire and Rescue quickly knocked down the blaze, and contained the damage to one room, police said.
Detectives were called when it was determined that the fire was suspected to be arson, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said police already have several active arrest warrants for the former tenant of the apartment, stemming from a domestic assault incident last month.
Police have been unable to locate the man, Luis Figueroa, but say he may be in Lawrence, Mass. Anyone with information is asked to call Salem police at 893-1911, or Crimeline of Southern New Hampshire at 893-6600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 9
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 3
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424