June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police look for man after fire is set inside apartment
SALEM — Police say they are investigating an arson at the home of a man who is wanted for domestic assault.
Salem firefighters doused an apartment fire on Monday at 6 Meisner Circle, Apt. 36. The apartment was vacant when firefighters and police arrived at 7:19 p.m.
Police said fire was set intentionally by someone who lit a stack of phonebooks on fire in the living room.
Salem Fire and Rescue quickly knocked down the blaze, and contained the damage to one room, police said.
Detectives were called when it was determined that the fire was suspected to be arson, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said police already have several active arrest warrants for the former tenant of the apartment, stemming from a domestic assault incident last month.
Police have been unable to locate the man, Luis Figueroa, but say he may be in Lawrence, Mass. Anyone with information is asked to call Salem police at 893-1911, or Crimeline of Southern New Hampshire at 893-6600.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424