June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police look for man after fire is set inside apartment
SALEM — Police say they are investigating an arson at the home of a man who is wanted for domestic assault.
Salem firefighters doused an apartment fire on Monday at 6 Meisner Circle, Apt. 36. The apartment was vacant when firefighters and police arrived at 7:19 p.m.
Police said fire was set intentionally by someone who lit a stack of phonebooks on fire in the living room.
Salem Fire and Rescue quickly knocked down the blaze, and contained the damage to one room, police said.
Detectives were called when it was determined that the fire was suspected to be arson, police said.
Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said police already have several active arrest warrants for the former tenant of the apartment, stemming from a domestic assault incident last month.
Police have been unable to locate the man, Luis Figueroa, but say he may be in Lawrence, Mass. Anyone with information is asked to call Salem police at 893-1911, or Crimeline of Southern New Hampshire at 893-6600.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 39
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424