Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Garnett reportedly gets three-year deal to stay in Boston
Kevin Garnett will return to the Boston Celtics after agreeing to a three-year contract Saturday, according to multiple reports.
The Celtics star will earn $34 million with the new deal, Yahoo!Sports and the Boston Herald reported.
"The decision came down to whether KG wanted to keep playing," a source closed to the negotiations told the Herald. "And once he decided that he did, it was going to be Boston. He wasn't going to leave Doc (Rivers) and those guys and play anywhere else."
Garnett, 36, earned $21 million last season with the Celtics as he averaged 15.8 points and 8.2 rebounds in helping them reach the Eastern Conference finals. He averaged 19.2 points and 10.3 rebounds in the playoffs.
The 17-year veteran was considering retirement after this season. However, he seemed rejuvenated this season when coach Doc Rivers moved him from power forward to center.
With the free-agent negotiating period beginning Sunday, the Celtics' next pressing need is deciding whether to bring back guard Ray Allan and forward Brandon Bass.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats power Stroman to first win at New Britain - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Portland offense rips Fisher Cats - 0
- Fisher Cats walk off with win - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Portland's Michael Almanzar is the Comeback Kid - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Sea Dogs’ Vazquez showing all the tools - 0
- Walden sparkles as Fishers blank Sea Dogs - 0
- For Fisher Cats, here come the Sea Dogs - 0
- Fisher Cats win, then head home for Sea Dogs series - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 4
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs