Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fishers fall at Reading
Reading used two home runs to tie the game in the fourth inning and Cody Asche drove in the winning run in the fifth as the Phillies downed the Fisher Cats, 4-3, in Reading, Pa., on Saturday.
Reading trailed 3-0 heading into the bottom of the fourth inning. Darin Ruf hit a solo shot to make it 3-1, and later in the inning Sebastian Valle hit a two-run shot to tie things up.
The Phillies took the lead for good in the bottom of the fifth inning when Miguel Abreu scored on a ground out by Asche.
New Hampshire starter Fernando Hernandez suffered the loss and gave up all four runs over his 5 2/3 innings of work on the mound. He gave up 11 hits, struck two out and walked two.
Matt Wright and Ronald Uviedo did their best to keep things close after that. They combined to pitch 2 1/3 innings of no-hit ball. Wright went the first 2/3 and Uviedo went the next 1 2/3, striking out two.
Mark Sobolewski gave New Hampshire an early lead when he hit his 14th home run of the season to make it 1-0 in the top of the second inning.
The visitors extended the lead to 3-0 with two more runs in the top of the fourth inning. Kenen Bailli drove in one with an RBI single and later scored on a throwing error after he had stolen third base.
Trevor May got the win for the Phillies. He gave up three runs over five innings, struck out two and walked six.
The two teams play again tonight in Reading at 6:35 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, Tepera fall to SeaWolves - 0
- Fisher Cats cancelled - 0
- Rober Brown's On Baseball: Fisher Cats' Jimenez back on track - 0
- Fisher Cats score 5 in the 9th to beat Aeros - 0
- After rain, Aeros pour it on against Fisher Cats - 0
- Roger Brown's On Baseball: Fisher Cats' Ryan Schimpf turning on the power - 0
- Familiar foes on tap for Fisher Cats - 0
- Fisher Cats gain sweep in Erie - 0
- Fisher Cats lose despite Nolan's HR - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time