Home » News » Public Safety
Man seriously injured in accident in Weare
WEARE — A Deering man lost his right eye early Friday when he crashed his car on Reservoir Drive, then ran away from the scene of the accident, Weare police said.
Police said Dale Carpenter, 40, ran away after the accident happened about 2:30 a.m. Friday. Two other passengers, whose names police did not provide Friday night, were also injured.
Carpenter allegedly got out of the car and ran away. He was found about 9 a.m. at a house at 35 Waterman Road, police said.
He was taken to Concord Hospital, then taken to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center trauma unit in Lebanon, police said.
Carpenter was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, vehicular assault, reckless operation, reckless conduct and conduct after an accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 1
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 7
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs