May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
City man failed to register as a sex offender
MANCHESTER — A man spotted acting suspiciously late Thursday night was later charged with duty to report as a sex offender.
Police said an officer patrolling the area of Maple and Silver streets spotted a man carrying two car stereos and a roadside safety kit.
When the officer tried to stop the man to question him, the man fled on foot to the rear of 363 Silver St., where he was later found hiding in the basement.
The man, identified as Neil Harris, 42, of 363 Silver St., had two active warrants out of Texas for a parole violation and failing to register as a sex offender.
An investigation determined Harris had also failed to register as a sex offender after recently moving to Manchester. He was subsequently arrested and charged with felony Duty To Report.
The items found in his possession were seized as evidence until police can determine their ownership.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424