June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police arrest Greenfield woman in jewelry theft
NASHUA - A Greenfield woman is accused of stealing an expensive diamond pendant in a burglary and then pawning it for $3,000 at a local jewelry store, police said.
Ashleigh Starr, 26, of 212 Slip Road, was arrested Thursday on charges of theft by deception and receiving stolen property, both class A felonies.
The investigation began on Jan. 28 when Greenfield police called Nashua about a burglary in their town. A pendant with a diamond it it was taken in the burglary and pawned at the Nashua jewelry store. Lt. Michael Moushegian said he did not know the value of the pendant.
Police checked with the store and determined Starr pawned the pendant for $3,000 and was given a receipt for the sale.
Her bail was set at $3,500 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 24
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424