Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man dies of injuries following car fire on Interstate 93
The Massachusetts man found on fire beside his burning car at the Interstate 93 weigh station in Windham on Wednesday has died, state police said.
State Trooper Sean Harrington said Mark Vivier, 39, of Methuen, Mass., died from his injuries at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston at about 12:28 p.m. on Thursday.
State police and the state Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating the circumstances surrounding his death. They ask anyone with information to contact Harrington at 223-4381.
Police found Vivier on fire and lying on the ground beside the passenger door of a burning 2012 Mazda A6 at about 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Vivier had second- and third-degree burns over about 80 percent of his body, a fire official said.
He was airlifted to the Boston hospital.
It was not immediately known why Vivier was in the weighing station after operating hours, though motorists frequently use it for a rest stop, a fire official said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 10
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 12
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 35
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013