Lekkas hurls Post 79 to triumph
Chris Lekkas threw a five-hitter over seven innings as unbeaten Manchester Post 79 won its fifth straight game with a 7-2 American Legion baseball victory Sunday against Lebanon at Gill Stadium. Post 79 is 2-0 in district action.
Lekkas fanned four and walked no one on 78 pitches. Joe Provencher closed out the game in relief.
Travis Sylvia led the winners with three hits while sacrifice bunts from Carmen Giampetruzzi (two) and Nick Beeson produced three runs.
Manchester Post 79 will host Alton today at 7 p.m. at Gill Stadium.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warwick Mills scores $94.3 million contract from Army for body armor - 0
- Senate OKs medical pot, with plenty of restrictions - 0
- Rangers win in overtime, stay alive for Game 5 - 0
- Hanefeld shoots 74 at Senior PGA - 0
- Bishop Libasci to ordain 2 at St. Joseph Cathedral - 0
- Price tag to restore chimney about $1m - 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 1
License revocations for DWI announced