Lekkas hurls Post 79 to triumph
Chris Lekkas threw a five-hitter over seven innings as unbeaten Manchester Post 79 won its fifth straight game with a 7-2 American Legion baseball victory Sunday against Lebanon at Gill Stadium. Post 79 is 2-0 in district action.
Lekkas fanned four and walked no one on 78 pitches. Joe Provencher closed out the game in relief.
Travis Sylvia led the winners with three hits while sacrifice bunts from Carmen Giampetruzzi (two) and Nick Beeson produced three runs.
Manchester Post 79 will host Alton today at 7 p.m. at Gill Stadium.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: We will print off-site, as would Loeb - 6
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: On elvers and clearing up 'Windum thing' - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Thinking of the price of news and bread - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: No dodging it: 'Wind-HAM' is for wimps - 2
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: From NH books to the national news - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: The late Jim Finnegan: a master of his craft - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: While newspaper rumors abound, comics rule - 4
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Fortunate to have known the Koop family - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: State veggie or not, spud eligible for free ad - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse