Home » Opinion » Editorials
Front Page Editorial: President Obama has been a disaster
Anonymous donor to cover public safety costs of Obama stop in Durham
President Obama is due in Durham today for yet another expensive campaign stop. It is by now a well-worn cliche to say that if he spent half as much time on the nation’s problems as he does on the campaign trail, we would be better off. But would we? More time campaigning does mean less time harming the country.
This man has been an utter disaster for America. Never has this writer heard from more people, stranger and acquaintance alike, who say they hope for their children and their country’s sake that Barack Obama is a one-termer.
Actually, he could exit with some style and sense of self-sacrifice. He could, as Lyndon Johnson did in 1968 when the country was mired in Vietnam, announce that he will not seek a second term. In Johnson’s case, it was to try to end the war. In Obama’s, it would be to stop the politics and devote the remainder of his term to working with Congress to free up the economy. The economic mess we are in is as great a concern now as Vietnam was then.
It is a nice dream for a summer’s day, but we won’t hold our breath waiting to hear the President make it so in New Hampshire today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox edge Twins in 10, 3-2 - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Bard tough to watch, tough to root against - 0
- Red Sox catch Rays in ninth - 0
- Drew, Red Sox pound Rays - 0
- Moore survives Ortiz HR, hurls Rays past Red Sox - 0
- Blue Jays homers hammer Red Sox - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: This is Lester's team now - 0
- Red Sox can't get any relief as Lind's homer wins it for Jays - 0
- Lester dominates Jays, tossing one-hitter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack