Home » Opinion » Editorials
Front Page Editorial: President Obama has been a disaster
Anonymous donor to cover public safety costs of Obama stop in Durham
President Obama is due in Durham today for yet another expensive campaign stop. It is by now a well-worn cliche to say that if he spent half as much time on the nation’s problems as he does on the campaign trail, we would be better off. But would we? More time campaigning does mean less time harming the country.
This man has been an utter disaster for America. Never has this writer heard from more people, stranger and acquaintance alike, who say they hope for their children and their country’s sake that Barack Obama is a one-termer.
Actually, he could exit with some style and sense of self-sacrifice. He could, as Lyndon Johnson did in 1968 when the country was mired in Vietnam, announce that he will not seek a second term. In Johnson’s case, it was to try to end the war. In Obama’s, it would be to stop the politics and devote the remainder of his term to working with Congress to free up the economy. The economic mess we are in is as great a concern now as Vietnam was then.
It is a nice dream for a summer’s day, but we won’t hold our breath waiting to hear the President make it so in New Hampshire today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warwick Mills scores $94.3 million contract from Army for body armor - 0
- Senate OKs medical pot, with plenty of restrictions - 0
- Rangers win in overtime, stay alive for Game 5 - 0
- Hanefeld shoots 74 at Senior PGA - 0
- Bishop Libasci to ordain 2 at St. Joseph Cathedral - 0
- Price tag to restore chimney about $1m - 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Pease chosen to receive refueling tanker