Home » Opinion » Editorials
Front Page Editorial: President Obama has been a disaster
Anonymous donor to cover public safety costs of Obama stop in Durham
President Obama is due in Durham today for yet another expensive campaign stop. It is by now a well-worn cliche to say that if he spent half as much time on the nation’s problems as he does on the campaign trail, we would be better off. But would we? More time campaigning does mean less time harming the country.
This man has been an utter disaster for America. Never has this writer heard from more people, stranger and acquaintance alike, who say they hope for their children and their country’s sake that Barack Obama is a one-termer.
Actually, he could exit with some style and sense of self-sacrifice. He could, as Lyndon Johnson did in 1968 when the country was mired in Vietnam, announce that he will not seek a second term. In Johnson’s case, it was to try to end the war. In Obama’s, it would be to stop the politics and devote the remainder of his term to working with Congress to free up the economy. The economic mess we are in is as great a concern now as Vietnam was then.
It is a nice dream for a summer’s day, but we won’t hold our breath waiting to hear the President make it so in New Hampshire today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Honor' flag for veterans fuels debate - 7
- House panel hears account of Benghazi attack - 4
- N.H. journalist held in Syria believed to be in detention center - 2
- Obama says he does not foresee sending U.S. troops to Syria - 1
- CNN Report: U.S. believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria - 0
- NH Medevac unit headed to Afghanistan hopes for repeat of no casualties - 2
- Canada thwarts 'al Qaeda-supported' passenger train plot - 3
- A simple flag is a cornerstone to memories of Marine's time in Iraq - 2
- U.S. spy agency says North Korea can launch nuclear missiles - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- New president named at FIRST - 0
- NH Military People: NH woman graduates from Air Force training - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
- Oxbow captures Preakness Stakes - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Nashua school parking surprise