Home » Opinion » Editorials
Front Page Editorial: President Obama has been a disaster
Anonymous donor to cover public safety costs of Obama stop in Durham
President Obama is due in Durham today for yet another expensive campaign stop. It is by now a well-worn cliche to say that if he spent half as much time on the nation’s problems as he does on the campaign trail, we would be better off. But would we? More time campaigning does mean less time harming the country.
This man has been an utter disaster for America. Never has this writer heard from more people, stranger and acquaintance alike, who say they hope for their children and their country’s sake that Barack Obama is a one-termer.
Actually, he could exit with some style and sense of self-sacrifice. He could, as Lyndon Johnson did in 1968 when the country was mired in Vietnam, announce that he will not seek a second term. In Johnson’s case, it was to try to end the war. In Obama’s, it would be to stop the politics and devote the remainder of his term to working with Congress to free up the economy. The economic mess we are in is as great a concern now as Vietnam was then.
It is a nice dream for a summer’s day, but we won’t hold our breath waiting to hear the President make it so in New Hampshire today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
- Keene State professor eager to explore plant’s mysteries - 0
- Windham to reconsider dodgeball ban - 0
- Hooksett students taken to nearby school after gas leak - 0
- Londonderry students who haven't had whooping cough vaccine asked to stay home - 0
- Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation' - 1
- Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith - 0
- Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 16
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off