Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia firefighters battle blaze behind drive-in's screen
LACONIA — Fire crews had to run 1,000 feet of hose lines through the Weirs Drive-In to get at a house fire behind the screen.
The ranch-style home was heavily damaged in the fire, which started during a child’s birthday party.
Laconia fire fighters could only get at the house through the drive-in, upsetting some movie goers who asked the fire truck lights be turned off while the fire burned.
Two fire fighters were injured battling the blaze, one was treated at the scene with an ankle injury, and the other went to the hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion. None of the party goers were injured.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
READER COMMENTS: 72
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 1
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?