Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia firefighters battle blaze behind drive-in's screen
LACONIA — Fire crews had to run 1,000 feet of hose lines through the Weirs Drive-In to get at a house fire behind the screen.
The ranch-style home was heavily damaged in the fire, which started during a child’s birthday party.
Laconia fire fighters could only get at the house through the drive-in, upsetting some movie goers who asked the fire truck lights be turned off while the fire burned.
Two fire fighters were injured battling the blaze, one was treated at the scene with an ankle injury, and the other went to the hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion. None of the party goers were injured.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19