Fresh Market grocer ready to open NH store in Bedford
BEDFORD — The Fresh Market is set to open its first new Hampshire location on June 27 at the Bedford Mall.
The grocery store's doors will open at 9 a.m., with grand opening activities including chef demonstrations, food sampling throughout the store, and drawings for gift cards. A reusable shopping bag and sample-sized bag of the company's gourmet coffee will be free to the first 1,000 customers.
The store will have an old-world European feel that will set it apart from the average supermarket, said Craig Carlock, the company's president and CEO.
“Our customers enjoy shopping in an environment that appeals to all the senses,” Carlock said. “The smell of freshly brewed coffee and bread right out of the oven, the sound of classical music, soft lighting with antique decor in an intimate setting, and the ability to select and taste fresh, high-quality products all work together to create surroundings where customers are encouraged to experience the food.”
The Bedford store has over 21,000 square feet of space and includes a bakery, a full-service meat counter, ready-to-serve entrees, fresh seafood and more than 200 imported and domestic cheeses.
The Fresh Market produce department will carry more than 400 items and a large section of organic fruits and vegetables.
“We are excited to open our store in Bedford and to expand our reach into New Hampshire,” said Carolck. “We look forward to introducing The Fresh Market's concept of quality perishables, excellent customer service and a unique atmosphere to an expanded customer base, and we look forward to offering neighboring communities a rewarding new food shopping experience.”
The company currently operates 116 stores in 21 states, located in the Southeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and Northeast, with plans for continued expansion throughout the country.
The Fresh Market is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.thefreshmarket.com.
Dining & Food
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death