Home » News » Public Safety
Two people hurt in motorcycle crash
HOOKSETT — A motorcycle rider sustained life-threatening injuries Saturday when a piece of clothing lodged in the cycle's drive belt, causing the wheel to lock up and the bike to crash on Interstate 93, police said.
The 50-year-old woman from Hooksett was taken to Elliot Hospital. Her name wasn't disclosed.
The driver, William Barnard, 42, of Gilford, also was transported to the same Manchester hospital with serious injuries.
The accident happened around 10:40 a.m. on I-93 south, south of Exit 10. The driver lost control and the motorcyle struck the pavement.
Speed and alcohol don't appear to be factors in the crash. Helmets were not worn. No citations were issued. I-93 south was reduced temporarily to one lane.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 5
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 6
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 8
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 5
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013