Home » News » Public Safety
Two people hurt in motorcycle crash
HOOKSETT — A motorcycle rider sustained life-threatening injuries Saturday when a piece of clothing lodged in the cycle's drive belt, causing the wheel to lock up and the bike to crash on Interstate 93, police said.
The 50-year-old woman from Hooksett was taken to Elliot Hospital. Her name wasn't disclosed.
The driver, William Barnard, 42, of Gilford, also was transported to the same Manchester hospital with serious injuries.
The accident happened around 10:40 a.m. on I-93 south, south of Exit 10. The driver lost control and the motorcyle struck the pavement.
Speed and alcohol don't appear to be factors in the crash. Helmets were not worn. No citations were issued. I-93 south was reduced temporarily to one lane.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19