June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Six arrested at sobriety checkpoints
Closeup on sobriety checkpoints in New Hampshire
PORTSMOUTH — Six people were arrested in sobriety checkpoints held Friday night in the Portsmouth area.
Local police charged four people with driving under the influence during a checkpoint held from 11 p.m. Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday on the northbound lane of the Route 1 bypass near the Sara Mildred Long Bridge, according to Portsmouth police. They were Steve Coughlin, 42, of Peabody, Mass., Michael McFadden, 48, of Hampton Falls, Joshua Mokarzel, 21, of Falmouth, Maine, and Ernest John Morin, 51, of Portsmouth.
Police screened 126 drivers during the checkpoint, according to a police press release.
Also Friday night, state police held a checkpoint on the Spaulding Turnpike in Portsmouth, where troopers screened 204 cars and arrested two motorists for driving while intoxicated.
They were Nadine Trott, 47, of Dover, and Joshua M. Hussey, 21, of Farmington, who was charged with aggravated DWI and disobeying a police officer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424