June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Six arrested at sobriety checkpoints
Closeup on sobriety checkpoints in New Hampshire
PORTSMOUTH — Six people were arrested in sobriety checkpoints held Friday night in the Portsmouth area.
Local police charged four people with driving under the influence during a checkpoint held from 11 p.m. Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday on the northbound lane of the Route 1 bypass near the Sara Mildred Long Bridge, according to Portsmouth police. They were Steve Coughlin, 42, of Peabody, Mass., Michael McFadden, 48, of Hampton Falls, Joshua Mokarzel, 21, of Falmouth, Maine, and Ernest John Morin, 51, of Portsmouth.
Police screened 126 drivers during the checkpoint, according to a police press release.
Also Friday night, state police held a checkpoint on the Spaulding Turnpike in Portsmouth, where troopers screened 204 cars and arrested two motorists for driving while intoxicated.
They were Nadine Trott, 47, of Dover, and Joshua M. Hussey, 21, of Farmington, who was charged with aggravated DWI and disobeying a police officer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 4
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 4
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424