May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Six arrested at sobriety checkpoints
Closeup on sobriety checkpoints in New Hampshire
PORTSMOUTH — Six people were arrested in sobriety checkpoints held Friday night in the Portsmouth area.
Local police charged four people with driving under the influence during a checkpoint held from 11 p.m. Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday on the northbound lane of the Route 1 bypass near the Sara Mildred Long Bridge, according to Portsmouth police. They were Steve Coughlin, 42, of Peabody, Mass., Michael McFadden, 48, of Hampton Falls, Joshua Mokarzel, 21, of Falmouth, Maine, and Ernest John Morin, 51, of Portsmouth.
Police screened 126 drivers during the checkpoint, according to a police press release.
Also Friday night, state police held a checkpoint on the Spaulding Turnpike in Portsmouth, where troopers screened 204 cars and arrested two motorists for driving while intoxicated.
They were Nadine Trott, 47, of Dover, and Joshua M. Hussey, 21, of Farmington, who was charged with aggravated DWI and disobeying a police officer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 36
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 6
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 10
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 13
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 3
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424