Hollis Town Band slated to open summer concert series
HOLLIS — The Hollis Town Band is kicking off its summer concert series at the Strawberry Festival this weekend.
The Strawberry Festival is Sunday, June 24, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Monument Square across from the Town Hall. Admission is free. The event is co-sponsored by the Hollis Woman's Club and the Hollis Town Band.
The Hollis Woman's Club is serving strawberry shortcake and ice cream strawberry sundaes as a fundraiser.
The band has 80 members from Hollis, Nashua, Manchester, Merrimack, Amherst, Brookline, South Boston, Milford, Londonderry, and Jefferson, Mass.
Vocalist Noelle Bourguard will perform some solos including God Bless America, I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables. Suellen Davidson, a frequent soloist with the band, will also perform. Instrumental soloists include Rick Bolling on trumpet and Rex Atwood on tenor sax.
The strawberry festival will move indoors to the Hollis Brookline Middle School if it rains.
- - - - - - - -
Julie Hanson may be reached at Jhanson@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial Day events in New Hampshire - 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands