Goffstown kindergartners celebrate school's end in song
GOFFSTOWN — At the Glen Lake School's kindergarten end-of-year celebration Friday morning, some of the school's 127 kindergarteners shared what they'd learned, in a song.
“When I was a little kid not so long ago, I had to learn a lot of stuff I didn't even know,” sang the members of Kathy Stoyle's class, as part of the song, “The Kindergarten Wall.”
“How to dress myself, tie my shoes, how to jump a rope, how to smile for a picture without looking like a dope.”
Before the completion certificates were handed out, each of the school's four classes performed a song. Besides “The Kindergarten Wall,” students sang and danced to “One Small Voice” from Sesame Street, the American folk classic “This Land Is Your Land,” and “Mother Goony Bird,” a humorous song about a bird and her chicks.
All the kindergarteners then joined to perform “Happy Day.”
Glen Lake Principal Leslie Doster congratulated the soon-to-be first-graders and extended a message of appreciation to their parents.
“Thank you for sharing your children with us,” she said.
Doster also thanked the faculty, saying that without them, the students would not have had such a wonderful year.
As a gift from the school, each student received a DVD yearbook in addition to their completion certificates.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suit: Claremont's North Country Smokehouse claims $606,011 spent on diamond, SUV, more - 9
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112