Upcoming games spotlight underclassmen
The high school baseball season may officially come to a close Saturday at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium when state titles are decided in four divisions, but not for some underclassmen.
A pair of upcoming area games spotlight next year’s senior and junior classes.
The first is the N.H. High School Baseball Coaches Association’s annual Junior Showcase (www.nhhsbca.com) at St. Anselm College’s Sullivan Park in Goffstown on Saturday, June 23.
Some of the best juniors in the state are expected to attend the event, which features a series of drills aimed at helping players showcase their ability in front of the college and professional scouts in attendance.
Two nine-inning games are scheduled, for 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
On Tuesday, June 26, Southern New Hampshire University’s Penmen Field in Hooksett will host the Junior Day camp (www.juniordaybaseball.com).
The camp is limited to 64 players just finishing their junior or sophomore years in high school. The event runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and includes drills, evaluations, games and a “College Baseball Education” seminar.
The camp, run by West Virginia Wesleyan pitching coach Ryan Sawyers, features college coaches from around the Northeast, including pitching coaches Mike Marron of Stony Brook and Scott Brown of St. John’s.
Stony Brook is a participant in the College World Series and St. John’s reached the super regional round.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 3
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840