Upcoming games spotlight underclassmen
The high school baseball season may officially come to a close Saturday at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium when state titles are decided in four divisions, but not for some underclassmen.
A pair of upcoming area games spotlight next year’s senior and junior classes.
The first is the N.H. High School Baseball Coaches Association’s annual Junior Showcase (www.nhhsbca.com) at St. Anselm College’s Sullivan Park in Goffstown on Saturday, June 23.
Some of the best juniors in the state are expected to attend the event, which features a series of drills aimed at helping players showcase their ability in front of the college and professional scouts in attendance.
Two nine-inning games are scheduled, for 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
On Tuesday, June 26, Southern New Hampshire University’s Penmen Field in Hooksett will host the Junior Day camp (www.juniordaybaseball.com).
The camp is limited to 64 players just finishing their junior or sophomore years in high school. The event runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and includes drills, evaluations, games and a “College Baseball Education” seminar.
The camp, run by West Virginia Wesleyan pitching coach Ryan Sawyers, features college coaches from around the Northeast, including pitching coaches Mike Marron of Stony Brook and Scott Brown of St. John’s.
Stony Brook is a participant in the College World Series and St. John’s reached the super regional round.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 9
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 10
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 18
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 1
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840