May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Father arrested after allegedly waving gun
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly displayed a handgun during an argument Thursday night was arrested on a felony charge of criminal threatening.
Sgt. Paul Thompson said a 14-year-old boy apparently got into a “verbal altercation” with several men at 74 Clinton St. The boy went home and “embellished” the story to his father, Gheorghe Preda, 55, who went back to the Clinton Street home “angered” and armed with a handgun, Thompson said.
Witness accounts indicate one man at the Clinton Street residence may have brandished a bat. It is unclear if Preda pointed the gun.
The gun was loaded, but not fired, Thompson said.
“It’s just unfortunate that someone brought a firearm,” he said.
Preda is scheduled to be arraigned June 29 in Manchester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424