June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Father arrested after allegedly waving gun
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly displayed a handgun during an argument Thursday night was arrested on a felony charge of criminal threatening.
Sgt. Paul Thompson said a 14-year-old boy apparently got into a “verbal altercation” with several men at 74 Clinton St. The boy went home and “embellished” the story to his father, Gheorghe Preda, 55, who went back to the Clinton Street home “angered” and armed with a handgun, Thompson said.
Witness accounts indicate one man at the Clinton Street residence may have brandished a bat. It is unclear if Preda pointed the gun.
The gun was loaded, but not fired, Thompson said.
“It’s just unfortunate that someone brought a firearm,” he said.
Preda is scheduled to be arraigned June 29 in Manchester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 1
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 29
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
House and Senate reach budget accord
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424