May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Father arrested after allegedly waving gun
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly displayed a handgun during an argument Thursday night was arrested on a felony charge of criminal threatening.
Sgt. Paul Thompson said a 14-year-old boy apparently got into a “verbal altercation” with several men at 74 Clinton St. The boy went home and “embellished” the story to his father, Gheorghe Preda, 55, who went back to the Clinton Street home “angered” and armed with a handgun, Thompson said.
Witness accounts indicate one man at the Clinton Street residence may have brandished a bat. It is unclear if Preda pointed the gun.
The gun was loaded, but not fired, Thompson said.
“It’s just unfortunate that someone brought a firearm,” he said.
Preda is scheduled to be arraigned June 29 in Manchester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424