June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Father arrested after allegedly waving gun
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly displayed a handgun during an argument Thursday night was arrested on a felony charge of criminal threatening.
Sgt. Paul Thompson said a 14-year-old boy apparently got into a “verbal altercation” with several men at 74 Clinton St. The boy went home and “embellished” the story to his father, Gheorghe Preda, 55, who went back to the Clinton Street home “angered” and armed with a handgun, Thompson said.
Witness accounts indicate one man at the Clinton Street residence may have brandished a bat. It is unclear if Preda pointed the gun.
The gun was loaded, but not fired, Thompson said.
“It’s just unfortunate that someone brought a firearm,” he said.
Preda is scheduled to be arraigned June 29 in Manchester District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 24
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424