Romney to go for ice cream in Milford on Friday
MILFORD — Traffic around the Milford Oval may be a bit tricky on Friday as GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his wife, and their full entourage of media and security, make a stop in town for an old-fashioned ice cream social.
On Friday at 10:30 a.m., Republican Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will make a stop at the Scamman Farm in Stratham. Then Romney and his wife Ann will make their way over to Milford to rub elbows with supporters and the public at an ice cream social on the Oval at 2 p.m.
Police Chief Frederick Douglas said that parking will be tight on the Oval, and he expects a crowd Friday afternoon. Traffic won’t be shut off downtown, he said, but it will be a long slow ride from one end of town to the other for folks who choose to go through downtown.
The traffic will start getting tight downtown with media trucks arriving late morning, and the doors will open for the event 1 p.m. Many parking spaces downtown will be blocked beginning today to accommodate Romney’s group..
- - - - - - - -
Nancy Bean Foster may be reached at email@example.com.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time