Home » News » Public Safety
Logger struck by falling tree in Albany
ALBANY – A man who was part of a small logging crew in a residential neighborhood was struck on the head by the top of a tree he had been felling.
The man was conscious, breathing and alert when emergency medical personnel arrived at the undeveloped piece of land on Moat View Drive in Albany.
Chief Steve Solomon of Conway Fire and Rescue said they received the call at 11:15 a.m. Tuesday morning. He said that other members of the logging crew were alerted to the man's accident when they heard his chain saw engine suddenly stop.
The man, who Solomon did not identify, was cutting a maple tree which was about 15 inches in diameter at the base and about eight inches at the trunk that hit him. The tree, Solomon added, was falling in one direction while the top of the tree broke off and fell in the other. The man was wearing a hardhat and other safety gear.
Solomon said the victim was transported to Memorial Hospital in North Conway.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 85
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time