May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
2nd defendant scheduled for sentencing in woman’s death
OSSIPEE — A plea and sentencing hearing is scheduled for this morning for Trevor Ferguson, 24, of Tamworth who was arrested May 11, 2011, on a charge of conspiring to rob Krista Dittmeyer.
Dittmeyer, 20, of Portland, Maine, was found dead in a snowmaking pond at Mount Cranmore in April 2011.
A Carroll County Superior Court judge will hear the matter at 8:45 a.m., according to a statement released Monday by the Attorney General’s Office.
Trevor Ferguson was arrested with Anthony Papile, 29, of Ossipee and Michael Petelis, 29, of Ossipee.
Papile pled guilty to second degree murder in the death last month and received a sentence of 50 years.
Petelis was charged with also consipiring to rob the woman of drugs and money; his case has not been adjudicated.
Ferguson is alleged to have picked up Papile at the ski area after he had disposed of Dittmeyer’s body and left her 14-month-old daughter alone in her car seat with the engine running.
Ferguson was alegedly given gas, $20 a a small amount of drugs.
Petelis is alleged to have called Dittmeyer to come to his home, and helped Papile bound her with duct tape.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said Papile’s motive was to rob her of drugs and money. She said Papile admitted to the crime May 10 and 11 when investigators interviewed him in his cell, and that he waived his Miranda rights.
If the case had gone to trial, Young said, the state would have been prepared to show that Papile laid a trap for her to fall into, clubbed her in the back of the head about three times as she climbed stairs of a Route 16 Ossipee home then dumped her body.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424