May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
2nd defendant scheduled for sentencing in woman’s death
OSSIPEE — A plea and sentencing hearing is scheduled for this morning for Trevor Ferguson, 24, of Tamworth who was arrested May 11, 2011, on a charge of conspiring to rob Krista Dittmeyer.
Dittmeyer, 20, of Portland, Maine, was found dead in a snowmaking pond at Mount Cranmore in April 2011.
A Carroll County Superior Court judge will hear the matter at 8:45 a.m., according to a statement released Monday by the Attorney General’s Office.
Trevor Ferguson was arrested with Anthony Papile, 29, of Ossipee and Michael Petelis, 29, of Ossipee.
Papile pled guilty to second degree murder in the death last month and received a sentence of 50 years.
Petelis was charged with also consipiring to rob the woman of drugs and money; his case has not been adjudicated.
Ferguson is alleged to have picked up Papile at the ski area after he had disposed of Dittmeyer’s body and left her 14-month-old daughter alone in her car seat with the engine running.
Ferguson was alegedly given gas, $20 a a small amount of drugs.
Petelis is alleged to have called Dittmeyer to come to his home, and helped Papile bound her with duct tape.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said Papile’s motive was to rob her of drugs and money. She said Papile admitted to the crime May 10 and 11 when investigators interviewed him in his cell, and that he waived his Miranda rights.
If the case had gone to trial, Young said, the state would have been prepared to show that Papile laid a trap for her to fall into, clubbed her in the back of the head about three times as she climbed stairs of a Route 16 Ossipee home then dumped her body.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424