June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
2nd defendant scheduled for sentencing in woman’s death
OSSIPEE — A plea and sentencing hearing is scheduled for this morning for Trevor Ferguson, 24, of Tamworth who was arrested May 11, 2011, on a charge of conspiring to rob Krista Dittmeyer.
Dittmeyer, 20, of Portland, Maine, was found dead in a snowmaking pond at Mount Cranmore in April 2011.
A Carroll County Superior Court judge will hear the matter at 8:45 a.m., according to a statement released Monday by the Attorney General’s Office.
Trevor Ferguson was arrested with Anthony Papile, 29, of Ossipee and Michael Petelis, 29, of Ossipee.
Papile pled guilty to second degree murder in the death last month and received a sentence of 50 years.
Petelis was charged with also consipiring to rob the woman of drugs and money; his case has not been adjudicated.
Ferguson is alleged to have picked up Papile at the ski area after he had disposed of Dittmeyer’s body and left her 14-month-old daughter alone in her car seat with the engine running.
Ferguson was alegedly given gas, $20 a a small amount of drugs.
Petelis is alleged to have called Dittmeyer to come to his home, and helped Papile bound her with duct tape.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said Papile’s motive was to rob her of drugs and money. She said Papile admitted to the crime May 10 and 11 when investigators interviewed him in his cell, and that he waived his Miranda rights.
If the case had gone to trial, Young said, the state would have been prepared to show that Papile laid a trap for her to fall into, clubbed her in the back of the head about three times as she climbed stairs of a Route 16 Ossipee home then dumped her body.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424